Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Favor with God and man

Today, with my sister's permission, I want to share something we both discovered about God's favor. I recently read a book about blessing people. Often we ask someone, "what can I do for you?" only to become judgmental in how we want to bless them. I believe if we ask someone that, then we should do what they ask as long as it is not illegal. Recently my sis asked one of our family member's, "is there anything I can do for you before I go," the response was, "will you go to the store and buy me a coca-cola and a pack of cigs. (cigarettes). So she did. Now we all know cigarettes are not good for anyone, but that is what was requested. For that matter, we also know coca-cola is not good for us either. While on her mission to buy these things, she was asked if she wanted 3 packs for a certain price, but she was only given $10. so she declined. Well when she came back with the afore mentioned supplies, she not only had one pack but three, the coke, and $4. in change to give back. While at the store she was shown favor, we believe because, first God saw her heart and her attitude, one that was truly wanting to bless the recipient. We both came away from the conversation, with a new revelation, 'not only did she bless this family member,' but she came away blessed, and then blessed me by sharing her story. So with her permission, I hope I have blessed someone also.
Just keeping track till next time. Truly in HIS grip of Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment