Tuesday, March 29, 2011

To Be More Mature In Christ

Taken from Philippians 3: 12-16; As Paul reiterates, "Not that I have already reached the goal or am I already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. Paul goes on to say, "I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it, but one thing I do, Forgetting what is behind and reaching toward what lies ahead, I pursue my goal, the prize promised by God's heavenly call on my life. Therefore all of us who claim to be mature should think this way, And if you think differently about anything, God, Himself will reveal this also, if we ask Him to. In any case we should strive to live up to the Truth we have attained."
The saying goes, "we should not become so Heavenly minded that we are no earthly good." But yet,
Let us not become so bogged down in the affairs of this world, that we forget where our citizenship is. We have a joint citizenship, if you will, so we have a responsibility to be the best 'citizens' we can here as we prepare for our eternal home.
What about me? When my goal is Heaven, am I valuing knowing Christ more than anything else?
When Heaven is my goal, I will endeavor to grow toward maturity in Christ, worthy of that upward call.
When Heaven is my goal, I will seek to serve Christ by serving others well as an Ambassador, and model for others who are learning, but have not arrived yet. Thanks be to God for HIS unspeakable Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment